Today's review is going to look at the Ubiquiti UniFi Switch.
Our reviews are based on in-depth research and product analysis. Let’s dive in!
- Super long life-span: The UniFi Switch is the brainchild of Ubiquiti Networks famous for its revolutionary and long-lasting products and services. The UniFi is built with a design that will last for years.
- Great investment: The UniFi Switch is built to provide extreme performance, efficiency, and intelligence within the network. You can expect it to outperform and outlast legacy enterprise technology.
- Plenty of ports: The Unifi Switch is designed for use in situations when you need a lot of ports. It is available in 24-port, 16-port, 8-port, and 48-port versions.
- Great management software: The Ubiquiti Unifi Switch comes with an intuitive software interface. You can easily manage the device from a mobile device, desktop computer, or a cloud-based Web interface.
- Fast and simple installation: Installing the Ubiquiti UniFi switch is easy. The device requires minimal configuration. Plus, it comes with guided, step-by-step instructions.
- Not suitable for advance users: The Ubiquiti Unifi switch is not ideal for advanced users. They will not be able to achieve the level of customization they need.
- Expensive: Compared to other network switches, the Ubiquiti Unifi is pricier. It also has fewer features.
The UniFi Switch series has all the features you need, without any of the clutter. The Switch can be managed via the UniFi Controller, a free, downloadable app on a tablet or computer.
The Switch comes with two SFP slots so you can easily add more ports or use GbE with fiber connections. Further, it can incorporate 802.3af/at Passive PoE to support indoor and outdoor PoE-enabled devices without needing additional PoE switches.
The built-in high-performance CPU allows the Switch to quickly process large amounts of data, resulting in increased throughput and reduced latency.
The UniFi Switch series supports Layer 2 Ethernet switching and routing for traditional switching and routing applications.
With Ubiquiti's UniFi Controller, the UniFi Switch is a central part of the UniFi Enterprise System, an integrated system of devices and software delivering robust performance with high scalability.
Not what you’re looking for? Read our roundup review: Best Network Switch 2021 – Buyer’s Guide