It's been long overdue, but today we finally got around to publishing our expert review on the Canon MX492 Black Wireless All-IN-One Small Printer.
We’ll provide you with all the detailed information you could need. You just need to make your own final decision.
- Wireless printing supported, including Airprint, Google Cloud, and Mopria
- USB interface for direct printing from USB-connected devices
- Two-way paper feeding – documents can pass through sideways
- Shortcut buttons for wireless printing and Copy/Fax/Scan
- Advanced remote printing (over Wi-Fi from computers and mobile devices) using PIXMA Home
- Wirelessly print from camera or smartphone
- Scan straight to mobile devices over Wi-Fi
- Ink Tank System with advanced XL ink droplets
- Uses next-generation SuperFine ink for superior quality printing with every print
- Each ink tank is designed to work with its color and speed to make up for the differences with the other inks (so things like speed and ink volume are consistent)
- Printer has no LCD screen.
This Canon wireless printer is designed to fit a home, office or dorm room. The small printer fits about anywhere in your home, office or dorm room. It offers numerous functions. You can simply print photos and documents from your mobile device using the free Canon PRINT app. In order to print, you need to have both your mobile device and the printer connected to the same network. The mobile device must be powered on and the Canon PRINT app must be running on it. Once you have downloaded the app, you will be able to add the printer to the list of Air Print devices available and then you can print onto paper by simply tapping on the documents.
Another option with this wireless printer is to print out photos through your computer. The photos can be high quality, and this works with just about any kind of memory card or digital camera that uses a memory card. One thing that you will find that is pretty convenient is the auto document feeder. This automatically feeds the documents into your printer when they are scanned. The auto document feeder can handle several pages at a time and you have the option of having the documents printed in color and black and white. By means of the Canon PRINT app, you will be able to create and print digital copies of your photos and documents, which can then be stored in various places by means of the Google Cloud print compatible feature.
The Canon wireless printer offers Wi-Fi capability, which makes it easy to connect to your computer, phone or tablet and print files in an instant. The printer also comes with Canon's exclusive "Color Imaging Machine" to provide high quality photos. The wireless printer also functions at broadband speeds and is designed to be energy efficient.
Not what you’re looking for? Read our roundup review: Best Wireless Printer 2022 – Ultimate Buyer’s Guide