Who knows how people ever got work done before the stapler came on the scene in 1879? The stapler changed the way offices function and you’d be hard-pressed to find an office that doesn’t have a stapler on hand. No matter the size of an office or an individual’s need, there are staplers available that will fit the bill. What’s more, staplers are made by an assortment of manufacturers all of which have a variety of options from which to choose.
Staplers come in manual and electric models. Manual staplers operate just as you’d expect, getting their energy from you. With a simple squeeze, the staples are driven with more or less force into the paper.
There are electric staplers, too, which use either batteries or an AC adaptor to activate the stapler. The choice is yours, but for many offices, manual staplers are the most cost-effective.
|Swingline Stapler||Best Overall|
|Swingline Mini Stapler||Budget Pick|
|Bostitch EZ Squeeze 40 Sheet Flat Clinch Desktop Stapler||Upgrade Pick|
1. Swingline Stapler
- Small and lightweight
- Comfortable, ergonomic design
- Smooth operation and minimal jamming
- Easy to load
- Easy to staple
- Spare parts available
This desktop stapler is a great option for someone who needs a basic stapler for personal use or for a small office space. It is a great value for the price and is a great pick for someone who is looking for a basic stapler for their home or office.
2. Swingline Stapler
- Has a 25-sheet capacity
- Works well and is quiet
- Easy to use
- Offers great value for money
- Looks clean and attractive
- Recommended for home and office
- Consistent performance
- Ideal for various stapling types, such as textbooks and oversized documents
- Requires a lot of pressure to make decent staples
- Can be challenging for younger users
- The head sometimes gets stuck
- The motor overheats during prolonged use
The Swingline Optima 25 is an inexpensive desktop stapler with a high 25-sheet capacity that is perfect for home and office use. You can use it for a variety of stapling tasks including stapling paper, envelopes, and book corners. It offers a 4
Inch throat depth and works with standard Stanley and T-25 staples.
It’s not a light-duty stapler, for sure, but it doesn’t cost much either. If you’re looking for a decent little stapler that works well and doesn’t cost an arm and a leg, this is one choice to consider.
3. Swingline Stapler
- Staple Jam Free System
- Long lasting mechanism
- Durable and lightweight design
- Jam Free technology
- Extended spine support
The Swingline stapler marries two great features: a high-quality mechanism and a lightweight body.
It uses Swingline staples which have a closed staple design which keeps jamming at bay. It delivers a magazine capacity of 25 staples. The machine does not use only 1/4 of the staples but also uses the entire strip, so you can actually place 25 strips of staples inside the magazine and you don’t have to worry about wasting staples.
It has a unique single-fire mechanism that makes it possible to use the gun much faster than other 3-fire staplers and the mechanism is virtually jam-free. The mechanism is built to last and it is made out of metal so there is no chance for rusting.
4. Bostitch Office 02257 Ergonomic 20 Sheet Desktop Stapler
- Lightweight and ergonomic, yet durable construction
- Easy to operate and use
- Affordable price point
- 1-year limited warranty
For an easy to use yet highly durable industrial stapler, Bostitch Office 02257 Ergonomic 20 Sheet Desktop Stapler comes with a sleek, ergonomic design that makes it comfortable to hold and operate.
Within just one hand’s reach, you can easily load staples using the loading slot, release the lock lever, and depress the round plunger. The trigger slide is also designed for optimum comfort and usability. You can easily release the slide using your index finger and load staples effortlessly in seconds.
The Bostitch marker line of staplers are used by generations of businesses and organizations alike. This heavy-duty industrial stapler easily and reliably binds stacks of paper without jamming or misfiring.
5. Rapid Classic 1 Plier Stapler
- Easy and simple to use
- Durable metal construction
- Works great for both home and office needs
- Affordable price
- Heavy – makes it difficult to use
- Spring must be installed manually
- Quite loud
Staplers are often dull and boring office equipment, but this stapler from Swingline is a head turner with a ton of advanced features.
First of all, the Rapid Classic 1 plier stapler is built to last, with a solid construction and a durable metal sheet. It will last you for a long time, and it comes with a two-year warranty from the company.
The stapler has a mean bite – it staples up to 20 sheets of paper at one time, giving you a professional quality staple. You can staple up to 20 sheets of paper in one go, with the papers being 1-1/4 inches thick. This allows you to complete all your stapling jobs quickly.
6. Bostitch Office B210R-PINK Bostitch Ascend 3 in 1 Stapler
- Comfortable and ergonomic grip to make sure you don’t fatigue your hands when using the stapler
- Powered by 2xAA batteries which are included in the pack. Can also be powered by AC adapter
- Ability to switch out the base to work as a tacker and tacker/stapler. Those two features offer the most flexibility
- Clear, intuitive instruction manual with step-by-step instructions. All tools and replacement parts, as well as other items are all included in the box.
- High capacity staple remover that makes it extremely easy to take out staples when you don’t want them. The remover tool also doubles as nose pliers and staple box opener
- The battery powered stapler gets stuck quite often and requires you to close it and reopen it to get it working.
- The staple locking mechanism is only effective in certain angle.
- Too light in weight
This Bostitch® 3-in-1® Stapler With Integrated Remover and Staple Storage is perfect for anyone looking for a budget stapler that does exactly what it is intended to do. It is a perfect stapler for a student looking to staple up their little notes and reminders. The stapler is unbelievably lightweight 20-week battery that can staple through up to 20 sheets.
7. Swingline Mini Stapler
- Easy to carry
- Great for light stapling needs
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Works great with old fashioned file folders
- Works great on lightweight papers
- Work best on thin papers
- Not suitable for heavy-duty stapling needs
If you’re looking for a sturdy, reliable, and affordable stapler that is suitable for light office use, the Swingline Mini Stapler is the right pick. It works great for old-fashioned file folders or lightweight papers.
It has an ultra-compact design and a 12-sheet capacity, so it can be used for light stapling needs such as letters, postcards, and other important documents. Since it is lightweight, you can use it on the go or move around your office easily.
It also has a large bulbous overhang that protects the stamp head from wear and tear. Inside the head is a built-in staple remover and 1000 standard staples.
8. Swingline Stapler
- Easily load, unload and change the staples
- Compact and lightweight
- Easy to put into a briefcase, toolbox or desk drawer
- Good jaw design
- This stapler can staple through 40 sheets of paper at one time.
- It is hard to manually push the handle down because it is difficult to push the mechanism down.
The Swingline Stapler is one of the best-selling desktop staplers due to its affordability. Besides, it is a convenient and practical stapler that offers extraordinary stapling efficiency and durability for the price. It has an easy loading and unloading mechanism and a small storage foot print. It is also very versatile as it has adjustable starting guides.
Several people who have used the Swingline Stapler have noted that it is superior to the Bostich brand of stapler because it can sustain heavy duty use without jamming or breaking. It offers smooth and effortless performance every time and can staple through up to 40 sheets of paper at a time.
Users have also praised the Swingline Stapler for being quiet when it is in use compared to other models on the market. It offers a smooth staple-driving mechanism. According to customers, they are able to staple a number of stapled documents without encountering problems so it is definitely a good buy.
9. Swingline Stapler
- Position lines on top and side
- Pinch action
- 8.50-inch staples
- Includes tape fastener
- Easy to load on both sides
- Limited 20-sheet capacity
- Prone to jamming if staples are of varied thickness
The staple gun is one of the most popular office tools in the world. The basic features to consider in a desk stapler include a very strong metal housing, a large number of staple capacity in the magazine, and ease in loading and unloading.
The Swingline 747 has all these features and has a contemporary and very handy design. The desktop stapler is styled and designed to ensure a smooth operation. The staple capacity of this stapler is reduced from the conventional 50 but it can still handle a multiple number of small jobs at a time.
The other feature that this desktop stapler comes equipped with is the pincher action. This helps ensure an easy and smooth operation. The design for the pincher is based on the traditional staplers that use claws. However, it incorporates a smooth action that is very efficient.
10. Bostitch Dynamo Stand-Up Stapler
- High capacity
- Magnet built-in for easy refill
- Sturdy construction
- May jam if not used correctly
If you are on the look out for a stapler that comes with features not seen on others, then this would be the item for you. It has a capacity of Staples 90 and comes with a smart design that incorporates a built-in staple remover and staple storage. The storage portion is designed in such a way, that it ensures you can always refill and have extra space for staples. Just load the storage area with staples and it will free you up to always refill the stapler.
The Bostitch also comes with a heavy duty design that incorporates magnets to ensure you can quickly replace the staples. It gives you more time to work and less time to worry about filling up staples.
It is ideal for both small office and large. It features a heavy-duty construction with a pneumatic operation that allows you to handle a high volume of stapling. It doesn’t matter if you are using it in an office of 5 people or 500 people.
11. Sparco Stand Up Full Strip Stapler
- Ultralight design
- Sturdy build
- Comfort grip
- One-step easy load
- Line counter
- Quiet operation
- Non-stick paper capability
- All-position working capabilities
- Nonslip feet
- Small paper capacity
- Steady operation might be hard for people with shaky hands
- Grip might be difficult to use for people with bigger hands
You’ll be amazed at how much paper fit into this smaller sized, lightweight stapler. The Sparco’s one-step load will have you up and running in minutes.
It comes with easy load paper guide and nonslip feet that keep it in place while working. It also has a line counter for faster repeated stapling. It’s got a rubber grip and comfortable handle for great comfort.
12. Bostitch inPOWER+28 Executive Stapler
- Very fast stapler
- Durable design
- Works well in offices
- Easy to load
- Unit is expensive
- No personalization option
- No removable staples cartridge
The Bostitch inPOWER+28 Executive Stapler – One-Hand Technology, 28-Sheet Capacity, Silver/Black is an excellent item that can find its use in any office. It features a speedy stapling experience due to the fact that it needs no effort to operate. What’s more is that it can handle up to a huge 28 sheets!
The device comes with a single finger operated base that ensures that it is easy to use. The fact that it has a compact design contributes towards the fact that it is easy to carry around no matter where you work.
This is a stapler that will make your work easy and fast. Stored easily, this will be a handy tool in your office.
13. Bostitch Office B8 Heavy Duty 45 Sheet Plier Stapler
- This stapler is built to last
- It has a strong lever that offers unrestricted power when stapling
- It comes apart easily so you can easily clean the screw and spring mechanism
- It features a large push lever with serrated edges that easily align with the stapler’s staples’ edges
- This stapler is meant for light-duty stapling
- It is not ideal to use when you need to staple multiple sheets of paper
- This stapler will hold up to approximately 6500 staples
Overall: This stapler is a high-quality, heavy duty stapler that will last a long time and will staple stronger and deeper than many of the other staplers on the market.
14. Bostitch Office Ascend 3 in 1 Stapler
- Magnetic jam clear
- Integrated staple remover
- Silent operation
- Comes with 810 staples
- Quick load design
- Extra wide top-cap staple remover
- Integrated large staple storage compartment
- 2 Year Limited Warranty
The BOSTITCH Office Ascend 3 in 1 Stapler with Integrated Remover & Staple Storage, (B210-BLK), Gloss Black, Full Size, is a pricey stapler but does a great job of mimicking a professional grade stapler.
It uses BOSTITCH’s patented G Pro-Powerful magnet technology that gives it increased strength and stability while also making it exceptionally easy to clear out any clogs you might get with your standard stapler.
The built-in hollow handle makes it very easy to quickly reload and empty any jammed staples from it.
15. JAM PAPER Modern Desk Stapler
- Folds down to a small size for easy storage
- Crimping arm won’t jam into stapled paper
- Heavy-duty rivets won’t bend and prevents staples from bending
- A great desk stapler for offices and businesses
- Can staple up to about 90 pages of 20lb paper
- Locks closed for safety and security
- Tamper-proof technology
- Excellent gripping power to prevent unwanted scratching on your desk
- Attracts a lot of dust
- Doesn’t staple as many sheets as other plunger staplers
Our top pick is the JAM paper modern desk stapler that has a wide range of office staplers features for workers. The JAM paper stapler is also one of the safest desk staplers, which comes with a full magnetic safety cover, to prevent nearby paper clips using magnetic fields.
The JAM paper stapler can staple 90 sheets of 20lb paper (approximately 45 covers), making it the perfect stapler for office and professional use. The stapler can also staple more sheets of paper that most plunger staplers, making it ideal for offices and businesses.
16. Bostitch Office B8 Xtreme Duty 45 Sheet Plier Stapler
- Multiple functions
- Versatile product
- Highly durable design
This all-steel tool from Bostitch is a multi-tasking piece that works as a stapler, paper cutter, and brad installation tool all in one. It is designed to handle up to 80 sheets of standard 20-lb paper, and when it does have the strength to handle more, it provides a user-friendly jam release button to get paper out. It also has an automatic overload indicator designed to keep you informed about your working conditions.
This stapler can be purchased in four different colors depending on personal preference, and it can be picked up at a budget-friendly price.
It is well designed to be easy to use, too. You can use it to staple or punch up to 45 sheets of paper at a time using the handle. It also can be used to bend up to two different sizes of brads or paper fasteners. Once you install the brad, it can be easily pulled right out thanks to the pull-out tool.
17. Onotio Heavy Duty 100 Sheet High Capacity Office Desk Stapler
- Super sturdy for stapling multiple times a day
- Compatible with T50, TN50, ST50, ST-40, ST-30, ST-26 staples
- Anti-Jam technology makes it incredibly durable and reliable
- Fast and easy to fill, clean, and load
- 1 year warranty
- High quality construction
- Smooth and quiet operation.
- Good deals come in various reputable websites as compared to Amazon.
Pick this everyday office stapler to staple up to 1000 sheets of paper. The 100 sheet stapler used to be a popular staple size staple tray stapler; 100 sheets of paper fit in the compartment to support it with regular staples. Now you can find 60 sheet staplers that are also very popular.
This stapler uses either T50 or TN50 or ST50 or TN30 or ST30 staples. If you run out of staples, then find the appropriate refill box with staples and reload the stapler. You can use about 1000 staples depending on the size of the staple, and the type of papers you use.
It comes with an anti-jam technology to help with a misfire to keep your stapling more consistent.
18. Bostitch EZ Squeeze 40 Sheet Flat Clinch Desktop Stapler
- Easy to use
- Holds up well
- Fast and efficient
If you are looking for a quality stapler to add to your home office, the EZ Squeeze is a great choice for you. The stapler is very easy to use and includes easy squeeze technology that reduces the amount of effort you need to push down on the handle.
The construction of the stapler is made of a heavy-duty plastic with a metal plunger, staples, and staple remover. It can produce a full strip of staples in as little as 5 seconds, so you can complete projects much faster than with a traditional stapler.
The EZ Squeeze is small and lightweight, but it is still one of the most powerful staplers. It produces less than 1/3 of the force it takes to punch a hole in a stack of paper, so you can use it on both paper and cardstock without straining yourself.
19. Bostitch Antimicrobial 130 Sheet Heavy Duty Stapler
- Antimicrobial technology
- Smooth/even stapling
- Heavy-duty staple gun ideal for shredding thicker documents
- Includes an extra pack of staples
- Flat-free stapling
Staplers come in a number of different styles from manual, to heavy-duty, to electric. And the Bostitch Antimicrobial is a great choice if you’re looking for a heavy-duty full-size stapler.
It has an extra-wide handle and is strong enough to be used by mailrooms and large offices. There’s a power overload protection system that’s triggered when you use too much force for long periods of time.
One of the features that really stands out about this Bostitch staple gun is the flat-free operation. Instead of having to deal with staples that keep popping out, this staple gun features plastic-based construction that’s perfectly flat. As a result, the staples can hold more pages together. An added benefit is that the plastic material is better for the environment.
20. Bostitch/PaperPro Inspire 20 Sheet Stapler
- Ideal for students, professionals, and hobbyists alike.
- Puncture resistant housing makes it resistant to wear and tear during day-to-day use.
- Clear window that shows the staple cartridge.
- High paper capacity with a 20 sheet safety punch capacity.
- Can staple 20 sheets of standard 20 lb. bond paper without the need for staple refills.
- Ergonomic design that helps reduce fatigue.
- Works only for standard 20 lb. bond paper.
- You have to recharge it to be able to use it.
When it comes to choosing the best stapler 2020, there are hundreds of options to choose from. While most of them perform the same, the Bostich Inspire is one of the better ones.
This particular stapler features a premium single-piece, heavy-duty frame which is made of lightweight aluminum. The best thing about this frame is that it is spring-assisted, so you only need to apply a little pressure to start stapling.
This helps with fatigue since you don’t need your whole hand to punch through staple divots. The Bostich Inspire also comes with a crisp view window, making it easy to quickly check the staple cartridge. You can also rest assured that this stapler is a breeze to use without any hassles.
21. AmazonBasics Stapler
- Cheaper than major staplers
- Easy to load
- Steel body stand the test of time
- Easy to use
- Single sheet capacity
- Excellent grip
- Comfort handle
- Not suitable for heavy-duty, repeated use
- Staples from a different manufacturer may not fit
- Limited lifetime warranty
The AmazonBasics Heavy-Duty Suction Stapler is a great choice for light-duty stapling. It has an advanced, smooth-action clamp for better and faster punching. It's also easier to load and reload for quick stapling.
The heavy-duty Stapler is made of sturdy metal to hold the staples perfectly on any surface like wood, fabric, and plastic. It is equipped with a magnetic plate to hold paper.
The stapler is convenient. It is easy to use. The gun is simple. It uses standard office staples. It does not jam. It does not break. The stapler is reasonably priced. It is perfect for light-duty stapling tasks.
22. Best Red Office Space Stapler
If you’re looking to buy a stapler, there are quite a few things that you have to consider. If you’re just stapling individual sheets, the challenge is not much. But if you are working in a larger office space, you need to consider many more factors like:
The number of staplers you need to buy.
The size of the papers being stapled together.
23. Teresa Collins by Xyron Stapler
- Great colors
- Easy to use
- Planner accessories are great
- Work well with both thin/thick materials
- Reinforced fastener is hard to secure
- Doesn’t work on thin paper
- The stapling mechanism is not too loud
- The stapler occasionally trips
- Bad quality feed mechanism
Is It Worth Your Money?
24. PraxxisPro, Fortis
- Extremely high quality
- Staple durability lasts long time
- Unique design that saves space
- Load indicator
- Sharp teeth grip paper
- Might jam sometimes
- Heavier than a standard stapler
Most people hardly toss out the little stapler that came with their desk. This is often because they’re too cheap to invest too much money when they know that a stapler, obviously, won’t last forever.
However, in 2010, office supply companies developed a much more professional (and more expensive) stapler called the Praxxis Pro. It is considered one of the best staplers for the office considering it’s high quality, durability, and specialized design, which gives the user more features and a greater amount of control.
Some of the key features of the Praxxis Pro are a heavy-duty construction, full metal construction, a metal base plate, an exterior durability, and an improved load-sensing function. For its price, it also offers clear advantages over lower quality staplers.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is a good stapler?
A stapler is a simple machine but is widely used to hold together papers. It is like a nail in terms of the final effect the job it does. The way it works is it takes one strip of paper and then joins it on another strip of paper with the help of a punching device. It makes a very small hole on the top paper and locks it between two pieces of metal. Now, what makes a good stapler would depend on your personal preferences.
If you have a small office and a little number of papers to staple, you may not need the best stapler but just a regular one. The best would depend on what you need it for.
What is the best manual staple gun?
How do professionals staple paper?
The two most common ways I would see a Normal Paper Stapler being used are.
Press down with your right hand and pull the trigger of the stapler with your left hand.
In this instance, the stapler is mounted on the desk. As you press down, the staple will stick into the paper.
Another way is the following:
Press down with your left hand and pull the trigger of the stapler with your right hand.
In this instance, the stapler is not mounted onto a desk, it is in your other hand. This allows for more space to maneuver and makes it easier to staple many pages at once.
What is the best electric staple gun?
Staplers are one of the most indispensable office supplies. In the past, these were manual and could be used only for smaller tasks. Today, however, you can easily find a great electric staple gun that can be used to staple large stacks of papers without a hassle.
Apart from that, electric staple guns are almost a must for occasions where you would staple large amounts such as real estate and construction jobs and tasks.
Before deciding on the best stapler, consider what specifics you are looking for first. For example, are you looking for a manual or an electric model? Or perhaps you would settle for a heavy duty stapler that can keep up with even the busiest offices out there.
In this guide, we will not only inform you about how to choose the perfect electric stapler but we will also tell you about the TOP 7 models that are out there on the market today.
We've tested over half a dozen staplers for our recommendation for the best stapler, and they came loaded with some of the best features and options we've seen in a stapler, almost guaranteeing this to be the last stapler you'll ever need to buy. We not only compared the pricing, but the build quality and features, so you can be confident which to buy.
|Swingline Stapler||Best Overall|
|Swingline Mini Stapler||Budget Pick|
|Bostitch EZ Squeeze 40 Sheet Flat Clinch Desktop Stapler||Upgrade Pick|